Location: 1–226 Nils Hasselmo Hall
Contacts: Chris Frethem
Instruction manual [ PDF 1.5MB]
SEM Primer [ PDF 2.6MB]
SEM Training Policy [ PDF 17.6kB]
- High-resolution topographic contrast (Se) and atomic number contrast (BSe) imaging of biological and non-biological samples in both room temperature and cryo modes
- Cold field-emission gun
- Resolution: 1.5 nm at 15 kV, 12 mm W.D.; and 2.5 nm resolution at 1 k, 2.5 mm W.D.
- Magnification ranges from 30X to 500,000X.
- Two secondary electron detectors: one above the objective lens, the other below
- Backscatter imaging at TV rates and low voltage (threshold 2.5 kV on gold) with Autrata modified YAG (yttrium aluminum garnet, cerium doped) crystal
- Sample size up to 100 mm diameter x 17 mm high
- Specimen tilt at 12 mm W.D up to 45 degrees.
- Digital image acquisition at 640 X 480, 1280 X 960, or 1560 X 1920 pixels
An Emitech cryo stage is available for use with samples prepared in the Emitech K-1250 Cryopreparation / Cryotransfer