Location: 1–216 Nils Hasselmo Hall
Contacts: Chris Frethem
Instruction manual: In progress...contact Staff
SEM Primer [ PDF 2.6MB]
SEM Training Policy [ PDF 17.6kB]
- High-resolution topographic contrast (Se) and atomic number contrast (BSe) imaging of biological and non-biological samples in both room temperature and cryo modes
- Cold field-emission gun with "Mild Flashing" technology.
- 6 inch sample chamber; integrated LN2 cryo trap.
- Resolution: 0.8 nm resolution at 15 kV at 4.0 mm WD; 1.1 nm resolution at 1.0 kV landing voltage at 1.5 mm WD.
- Magnification ranges from 20 X to 1,000,000X. (See Description)
- In-column Upper ExB detector; In-column Top Detector, In-Chamber lower ET detector; 4+1 segment semiconductor (PD-BSE) detector. (See Description)
- Leica VCT-100 Cryo Stage / Cryo Transfer System
- Thermo Noran System 7 EDS (See Description)