Location: 69 Shepherd Labs
Contact: John Nelson
- Maximum Sample size: Specimens 2 cm high and 5 cm across. Larger samples can be accommodated with some geometrical constraints. A smooth surface produces best results.
- Load resolution: 50 µN.
- Depth resolution: 5 nm.
- Hot stage: fixed temperatures from ambient to 100° C.
- Tangential load cell for measuring lateral forces.
- Virtually any test that requires pushing or pulling under carefully controlled conditions within the physical limits of the equipment can be performed.
- Materials and coatings of all kinds from highly viscous polymers to diamond-like carbon have been studied.