Location: 77 Shepherd Labs
Contact: Jason Myers
Instruction manual [ PDF 1.1MB]
TEM Primer [ PDF 3.3MB]
TEM Training Policy [ PDF 17.9kB]
- The Tecnai T12 microscope combines all imaging, diffraction, and analytical techniques at good spatial resolution and detection efficiency.
- Application-specific modes include: Bright- and dark-field imaging; TEM microprobe and nanoprobe analysis; small-probe convergent beam; and large specimen tilts.
- LaB6 source.
- Accelerating voltage range of 20 to 120 kV.
- Magnifications up to 700,000x.
- Point resolution: 0.34 nm; Line resolution: 0.2 nm.
- Maximum specimen tilt: 70°.
- Drift rate: <1 nm / min.
- Specimen holders: Single tilt; double tilt; tilt–rotate; double-tilt cooling; single- and double-tilt heating; low-background single-tilt EDX; and straining/indenting mechanical holders.
- Energy-dispersive X-ray spectrometer: Oxford Inca system with an ultrathin window allows detection of elements from beryllium to uranium.
Sample applications include:
- Composition analysis structure of grain boundaries in ceramics.
- Magnetic films on chromium.
- Identification of precipitates in materials.
- Analysis of nanoparticle sizes.