Location: 8 Shepherd Labs
- Scintag XDS 2000 theta/theta goniometer with 2.2 kW sealed copper X-ray source.
- Solid state detector.
- Temperature attachment 1: -270° C to 300° C.
- Temperature attachment 2: ambient to 1400° C.
- The theta/theta goniometer enables the sample to remain horizontal, so liquid films may be analyzed.
- The unit has a wide variety of software including batch capabilities.
Sample Applications Include:
- In situ analysis of structural changes as a function of temperature.
- Phase identification.
- Thin-film analysis.
- Lattice parameter determination.
- Purity/quality control of materials.
- Orientation of single crystals.
- Particle size determination.